Fincra is a payment infrastructure for fintechs, platforms and businesses. Fincra provides payments solutions that enables businesses to accept payments securely, make payouts globally and scale your business across borders.
Vision: Our vision is to simply create a world, where movement of money is instant, and as easy as sending a text message.
Mission: To make it easier for businesses in emerging or frontier markets to transact digitally, at low cost and high speed, seamlessly.
Our Engineering team needs a Senior Backend Engineer with experience in the payment space to work with our team and help build our vision for the future. We are looking for someone with excellent programming skills and or a passion for developing applications and improving existing ones with an obsession for shipping out quality code.
We always and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply. With each new hire, we look to diversify, strengthen our team, and be more purposeful about building our culture. We create an environment where you can grow and be happy doing it.
What You’ll Be Expected To Do At Fincra
What We Look For In You
- Design, build, and maintain scalable software systems that power our products and infrastructure.
- Participate in code reviews and help to guide software architecture decisions.
- Write well-tested and documented code.
- Propose best practices regarding code organization, design patterns, and conventions in a backend development environment.
- Build and maintain public APIs.
- Effectively work with a team of other backend engineers, frontend engineers as well as the good folks in Product, Design and QA.
- Previously worked at a fintech or a financial services firm (preferred).
- 7+ experience working as a backend engineer.
- Experience with Microservices and Rest architectures.
- Experience with building Restful APIs with Node.js/Express.
- A firm command of Typescript.
- Experience with MongoDB database and mongoose ORM.
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing(Heads up, We use Jest ).
- Knowledge of performance and security best practises.
- Experience with writing clean, maintainable and standards compliant code
- Some experience with DevOps.
- Some Blockchain knowledge.
- Cultural and Value fit.
- Undying passion and obsession for shipping and building applications. This drives you to initiate things and drive others, as opposed to being driven.
- Critical thinking is something we look out for, as we would need to rely on your judgement and decision making.
- Technical Writing & Documentation Skills is a requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to create order out of chaos, with minimal oversight.
- Ability to contribute in the following areas: CI/CD, Product Quality, Technical Debt Management, Agile Maturity.
- A chance to be an early member of a high-growth startup
- We pay competitively in the Nigerian market for the matched experience and role
- Amazing work culture and a company that truly cares about creating the best and most fun place to work
- We offer health insurance that includes dental, optical & covers major surgeries.
- Interest-free staff loans upon confirmation
- We currently work fully remote
- Stock options for early employees.
- Annual Training budget.